- When Communism has been tried, it’s killed between 85 to 100 million people. When Stoicism has been tried, it’s killed less than 85 million people.
- Communism believes in the utopian vision that one day we can have a classless society of everyone contributing their fair share and receiving their fair share and there would be no more exploitation of the working class by anyone for profit. Stoicism has never made such promises. Zeno’s Republic was an idealized vision that Stoics could live in communal harmony but there’s no evidence that it made any promises that all societies would or could live in communal harmony.
- Communism believes in a power struggle between the working class and the bourgeoisie. Stoicism puts the power in your hands by declaring that the only thing in your power is your judgment, opinion, goal, and desire.
- While some people have claimed that Communism has yet to be tried successfully, Stoicism has been tried successfully for thousands of years.
- Communism, like capitalism, is about your freedom to work. It’s a philosophy that emphasizes your freedom to work. Capitalism and Communism of course have major differences in how to go about this but they care ultimately about human beings as working animals. Stoicism is much cooler than this. Stoicism believes you should have the freedom to philosophize. You are a rational animal and a social being so the emphasis is on your freedom to live an analytical life, a life worth living.